Monday 7 April 2008

Spring cleaning

I've been suffering from blogger's block.

Mainly because I've not had much on. I've moaned a lot about the lack of work about over many of my posts in the past so I'm not going to harp on about the fact that the only pings in my inbox are from Facebook and Freecycle (but if you do have any work going spare please send it my way - OH is starting to read out night shift jobs in the local paper!).

As I've had a bit of time on my hands I've been doing some Spring cleaning. Last week I updated my CV - always a good thing to do every 6 months or so - and I felt a lot better after adding all the 'great job' comments I've had over the last few months. I then trawled the Internet for publishing companies who stated on their websites that they were looking for freelancers and sent them my newly honed CV. In this search I was surprised by how many websites there are out there that profess to advertise freelancers to those looking for freelancers and at how high the fee was - I think at that price I'd rather start my own website (one of those things I really must do but keep running out of time and finances to get around to it!).

Then came the physical cleaning as, for reasons known only to ourselves, the OH and I have decided to move our bedrooms around which involved completely emptying the study and getting rid of my desk. I think I need to take Heather Boerner's advice and scan and shred!

Thanks to Wordsmith for the link to 'What punctuation are you?' I'm a semi-colon - which just about sums me up really.

No comments: