Friday 22 August 2008

That back to school feeling

It's a good job that my work for August has been delayed as I would now be panicking about getting everything done after a few days off sick. So everything happens for a reason - doesn't it?

There is something about the end of August. That almost back to school feeling. My son's not yet in school - though he'll be heading back to nursery school - but already we have the feeling that the holidays have been long enough - still a week and a half to go!

However without my son's preparations I still have that 'back to school' feeling on the work front I've bought new pens and pencils and a pack of sticky notes, I've finished my accounts and got some work lined up.

I'm ignoring the fact that I won't get much done in the first week of September due to a family wedding (though I may be able to fit a couple of client visits in whilst we're 'south of Watford') and the fact that both my parents and my OH are away on holiday AT THE SAME TIME at the end of September - don't ask why my OH gets a 'holiday' (his 3rd fishing trip this year but I'm not counting). I'm banking on all those academics sending their manuscripts into the publisher and demanding completed books by the end of the year!

Right I'm off to unfurl my new academic year planner and stick on lots of coloured strips .... well it always pays to LOOK organised.

No comments: