Monday 11 May 2009

My Office

Inspired by a friend's facebook photos I thought I'd share with you - my office. I warn you, it's not for the faint hearted. I'm not a great fan of housework - comes from having a mother who got up at 4am to scrub the house clean before she left for work, and a father who wouldn't let anything touch the surfaces (seriously you daren't put a coffee cup down in their house - I've always thought that they were well suited to the hospitality trade).

So, anyway, back to my office. I have to stress now that this isn't where I work. I did once have a lovely cabin bed/desk set up that had plenty of space to lay out proofs, plenty of storage and the benefit of a bed (2 with the sofa part) for guests. But we were short of money and they were going for £200 on ebay so I had to say goodbye to my desk and settle for an old dressing table.


Posted by Picasa
Clockwise from top left: the desk - containing the (as of last night now broken) PC, screen and keyboard - not much space for proofs; an odd piece of furniture - a seat in the shape of a hand, carved from a tree trunk and part of a set of two that we are 'storing' for my sister-in-law who emigrated to Australia in 2006 - with our old printer balancing precariously on it; my Winnie the Pooh motto 'my spelling is wobbly. It's good spelling but it wobbles and the letters get in the wrong places'; my computer chair - not the z-bed in the background (next scheduled to be occupied at the end of July - eek); essential software; my 'library' - not sure why DIY is with the baby books - perhaps that's why we only have one child; filing and an old TV - I think there is a theme here.
So my 'office' has turned into a dumping ground for unwanted furniture - two hand chairs (very heavy and it hurts when you stub your toe on them), a chest of drawers, a dressing table and a cabinet once used in the bathroom.
Methinks I need to rethink this a bit .....

No comments: