Monday 28 January 2008

Are clients on the same planet? ... I'm beginning to think not

I couldn't believe my eyes this morning when I opened my in box. The client from another planet had sent me yet another a message.

Now this wasn't the same as the one I'd had a few days ago asking me why I had made certain changes to the MS (because that was what was specifically requested in the brief), or to tell me they'd received my invoice and were paying by return (I can wish), or that they were offering me more work (well it was a really good rate of pay so I'd be tempted).

No, it was a message from the editorial manager asking me to report on the status of the project and when I would be likely to return it

... erm I returned it 8 days ago.

I know they received it as I've had a 'huge thank you' message from the client (and queries from the EM). I did notice that the message was sent to several people so maybe EM forgot to take me off the list, but even so.

I did notice on a forum recently that the client was advertising for a new editorial manager, I wonder ...

No comments: