Saturday 22 March 2008

Handy tips on motivation and the long weekend

In my search for motivation - you may have guessed I've spent a bit of time 'playing around' on the Internet (basically avoiding the work I need to get motivated about).

I've discovered that I'm not the only one out there: Lorna and Tamara from Freelance Parent have recently blogged about it too.

Bootstrapper has '50 ways to create a motivational workspace' and Cheryl Wright has detailed instructions on how to motivate yourself to achieve your goals.

It seems there are a few others out there with motivational problems!

My distractions this week have been: searching the web for posts on motivation :-), adding blogs to my bloglines account, Facebook, knitting a jumper for my god daughter, making an Easter hat for the toddler, playing on our new Wii and finally cleaning the house for my in-laws visit this weekend! However there has been some work done and I'm sure (I hope) that my motivation will return with a vengeance once I wave them off on Monday night.

Happy long (very, very, long) weekend - whether you are working, playing or biting your tongue over the amount of chocolate being shovelled into your kids.

2 comments:

Juliet said...

I'm more worried about the amount of chocolate being shovelled into myself!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed our post and wanted to share it with your readers. I haven't seen your blog before, and I'm excited to check it out!