Wednesday 28 May 2008

Ten tips for freelancers to stay motivated, sane and productive

The Freelance Switch blog has another one of their top tips up this week. All very sound advice.

I'm not very good at number 4 - I have a guilt complex and 'faking' feels akin to lying in my book.

I should definitely do number 5 - though I have trouble saying 'no'.

I thought long and hard about number 6 at the 2006 SfEP conference. I've used my 'elevator pitch' numerous times to some success - though strangers at dinner parties tend to switch off when they learn that I don't edit fiction.

I definitely fail on number 10 - my receipts for 2007/2008 are still in the highly (not) organised file in the study (behind all the furniture we've just moved out of the spare room).

I like these little 'top tips' - they serve as great reminders of what to do (and what not to do) and you can often learn from others mistakes and successes.

No comments: